As you saw here I purchased fabric to upholster my folding screens and started to do so. The project is finished (for the most part) and I’m happy about it. Plus, The Mister hung the mirror I purchased to go between them. It’s been sitting around (literally all around) for weeks. However, he was anxious about hanging it due to its weight. So, here is one side of our living room.
- The brown pillow is half of a set I purchased. I plan to cover them in the black and white polka dot you see draped over the pillow in the chair on the right. The fabric came from my mother. She found it in the back of a closet while they were moving.
- The throws on the chairs were originally used in our sideroom. See that here.
- I planned to make a slipcovers for the wingback chairs. Discussed here and seen here. However, I find the teal acceptable in front of the panels. Additionally, I’m fearful of making a slipcover. I’ll do it – sometime.
- The rug is new. It’s a 5′x8′ West Elm jute rug.
- The table was a “let’s see if this works” and we think it does. My mother purchased it for me at an auction years ago. The Mister and I used it as our dining table in our apartment and for a while at the house. Typically, I don’t care for light woods. However, the tiger maple is really pretty.
- We did not paint the room, as I’ve said we may. I kinda like the green but I feel that a neutral may be a better choice. I’m on the fence.
Here is another view:
A “how to” is coming, promise. I’ve been waiting because I wonder if I should add a panel to each side. What do you think? Do two panels look odd? Like I put the chairs in a created corner? Would three panels on each side look better? Give it more dimension?