Posted in Chairs, Furniture, Shopping, tagged Baggallini, chair, chairs, fragile, Goodwill, IKEA, packing, suitcase, Travel on May 23, 2011 |
Leave a Comment »
I like to visit Goodwill while on the road. This is a fairly new habit for me. While in Tempe, Arizona I found these chairs.
The blue chair was $12.00 and would be great re-upholstered while the pink chairs were $4.00 each. Crazy talk. Sadly, chairs cannot fit inside my luggage. However, here is a list of things I have fit in my luggage:
- 2’6″ x 4’3″ Martha Stewart Astronomy rug from a Homegoods in Connecticut
- at least six sets of curtains from IKEA
- IKEA PS Clock
- Two RENATE rugs (one is a back up)
- Five SIGNE rugs (once again, back ups)
- Two pieces of pottery from Goodwill from Illinois (One piece broke – my first thing to break which I think is pretty good)
- Reverse painting of The Capitol from an antique store in Colorado (I was particularly nervous about this, but it was the first thing I ever packed home. I was too fresh to know better.)
- Four bud vases from Goodwill
- A Tennessee souvenir plate (The Mister collects them)
- Samsonite briefcase/laptop bag from a TJMaxx in Kentucky (gift for The Mister)
- Giodorno’s pizza from Chicago (It comes home as a carry on, but I’ll count it for the entertainment value.)
- 8 yards of fabric from a JoAnn’s in Delaware (not as easy as thought)
- Tortillas from Houston
Of course, this list does not compose of everything. These are basic highlights of what I remember packing. I have a zipped soft sided Baggallini bag I carry with me for “overage.” Thank you Southwest for allowing two bags for free. This week I’m at a conference with my team in Orlando. I doubt I’ll have time to shop anywhere, but I’ll keep you posted.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Craigslist, Friday Find, tagged art deco, chairs, chairs with arms, Craigstlist, Dining, Friday Find, long tablecloth, round, skirted, table on March 18, 2011 |
2 Comments »
This set of six mid-century chairs are ah-maz-ing. The set of six are $500.00 and seem to be in great condition.
They would look great around a skirted round table.
via Elle Decor
photo via The Decorista
You could use four chairs around the table. Then, use the other two as occasional chairs. This is currently what The Mister and I do. Then, if we ever have six people over (doesn’t look promising) we have six chairs.
These chairs are completely different than what we have but have a great art deco look.
Read Full Post »
The Mister and I picked up our deal of the month, a set of wingback chairs for $50.00, this past Saturday. Tuesday, a set for $60.00 came available but were snatched before I saw the listing. Wednesday, I half heartedly checked Craigslist and there was the listing for a set for $50.00. I quickly called the owner and saw them that evening. Ron, their previous owner, told me that the chairs had been purchased to “fill the wall space” but rarely used because he preferred the couch. Ron was a doll and I was happy to take them off his hands. Here they are:
The Colonel seems to enjoy them. He personally welcomed the only two pieces of furniture sans dog hair.
I lucked out that they came from a smoke and pet free home and in such great shape. However, the color is not ideal. Therefore, I will be making a slipcover for them.
The Mister will be picking up Simply Slipcovers from the public library today. As you may know my sewing skills are pretty fresh, but the reviews on Amazon state that the book is good for beginners. I hope to have the slipcovers made in the new two weeks. Someone hold me to it. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Read Full Post »