Without countertops or a kitchen sink the crock pot is the best way to go. So, I tried this crock pot recipe and it was super good. It’s gonna happen again.
Here are the ingredients (I changed some from the original recipe):
- 1 lb 93% lean beef
- 7 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups of Purity Cottage Cheese (This is half of their 1lb 8oz container. Purity Cottage Cheese is the only brand you should put in your mouth. It’s the best.)
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I used a1 lb 10 oz jar of Ragu)
- 1/2 cups of onions
- Cilantro (to taste)
- Cooking spray (Pam)
1. Spray the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray.
2. Brown the meat and add the cilantro and onions.
3. Stir in the jar of spaghetti/tomato sauce into the pan with the meat.
4. Combine the cottage and mozzarella cheeses together in a bowl.
5. Put half the meat mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
6. Lay 3 of the uncooked spaghetti noodles across the top. You’ll have to break them to make them fit.
7. Put half of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
I probably put a less than half of the mixture in as the first layer. This made for a thicker cheese layer at the top.
8. Layer the rest of the meat on top of the noodles, the other 3 noodles then the last of the cheese mixture.
9. Cook on warm all day. (I put it on around 8:30 a.m. and it was ready when I got home.)
10. Take the top off approximately 10 minutes before you cut it. It will still have more liquid on day one. Like most pasta dishes, it is better the next day.
It makes six servings which are plenty in size and they’re 15 points a serving. That isn’t a great/low number but some of changes below will lower the point value. Of course, you could cut this into more than six servings. My point calculator gives points beyond whole numbers so the whole pot was 90.72.
Things I’ll try next time:
- Add spinach
- Wheat noodles
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- Low fat cottage cheese