Whipe the slobber off your mouth and read this. Yes, it is for something delicious called Bacon Ranch Pulls. I found the recipe on Plain Chicken here. I followed it pretty closely. Here is what I did:
- 1 round Loaf of Hawaiian Bread
- 5 slices of sharp Cheddar
- 3 handfuls of Triple Cheddar shredded cheese
- Approximately 7 slices of bacon (3/4 of a 16 ounce pack)
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch mix packet
- 1/2 stick of butter
1. Cut the bread in a grid. Be sure to not cut through to the bottom of the loaf.
2. Break your cheese slices into halves and stick the halves into the cuts.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese into the cuts.
4. Melt the butter and mix in the Hidden Valley Ranch packet. Pour the Ranch and butter mix into the cuts. I spooned it into the cuts.
5. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it within the cuts. I had to shove some of the pieces inside using my fingers.
5. Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and bake it on 350 for 15 minutes. Then, unwrap the loaf and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Eat sparingly as it’s rich and we went a little crazy. This is why we have no photos of it done.
It was good, but rich. I would cook it within the foil longer and cook it for less time unwrapped. The outside edges were a little dry.
The Mister’s Review:
“I expected this to be good, but I didn’t expect to not want to let you have any of it.”